The patented Autopot systems use gravity and the ingenious AQUAvalve(R) to deliver just the right amount of food and water to plants without any of the hassles of pump driven hydroponics – but with all the benefits. Used in commercial greenhouse to outperform standard systems and cut costs. The Easy2Grow 4 system contains a 12.4 gallon reservoir and 4 (2.2 gallon) trays
When combined with the AQUAvalve’s patented wet dry-cycle that mimics mother nature’s natural rainfall cycle, your favorite plants will grow like never before.
The AQUAvalve’s method of operation resembles that of an ebb and flow system by employing a simple flood and drain principle but without the need to return depleted solution back to the reservoir. This simplifies nutrient solution management and opens up hundreds of new uses for this proven technique.
The AQUAvalve first floods the tray to a depth of 1″ with water or nutrient solution. Plants get their initial soaking. The AQUAValve then “waits” for your plants to consume the solution before re-flooding the tray with a fresh charge.
Each AQUAvalve is fed by a 1/4″ connection to either a gravity fed or low pressure (up to 8 psi) water or nutrient source.
The kit is ideal for indoors, greenhouses and outdoors; it will water and feed your plants for up to four weeks and is suitable for a variety of plants, ornamental and edible.
Perfect for long term food crops, flowers, herbs and greens, the Autopot cares for your plants so you don’t have to.
Generous reservoirs provide weeks of feeding and since they feed from below with no re-circulation, pH and nutrient concentration swings are a thing of the past – not to mention when growing with the Autopot you can reduce nutrient concentration by up to 25% saving you money in the long run.
Infinitely expandable Additional Autopot gardens can be added at will to expand your growing area to any size.
One company just converted their entire greenhouse from a run to waste rockwool slab system to this incredible new technology that has proven itself to outperform and cut costs across the board.
An ideal substrate for use in AutoPot systems is a 50% mix of perlite with either soil or coco. AutoPot Watering Systems have grown plants in a vast range of substrates from coral, to denim and pumice stone… we are now using the systems for aeroponic plant growth.
- WARNING: If using clay pebbles, whether at the bottom of the pot as additional drainage or as part of the mix, the clay pebbles must be pH stable. Be aware that certain brands are NOT pH stable and will increase the pH of the water in the tray dramatically affecting plant growth. If you are unsure whether your clay pebbles are pH stable, then the pebbles being used must be pre-soaked for a minimum period of 48 hours in pH water 4.5. This will stabilise the clay pebbles. Please ask your local store for further advice or contact AutoPot. *Clay pebbles should not be used alone as there is not enough capillary action in the clay pebbles to draw the water high up into the pot. Clay pebbles should always be used with additional substrates.
- Clay pebbles at the bottom of the pot can also be used as additional drainage if required to a level of 1”. Please ensure that the clay pebbles are pH stable before use.
- Always use a good quality soil or coco.
- Which ever substrate you decide to use, make sure its light, fluffy and free draining.
- All AutoPot Watering Systems are extremely versatile and can be used with the medium / substrate of your choice. Whether growing in soil, coco, or hydroponically our systems exceed all expectations.
Here are a few examples of substrates that can be used successfully in AutoPot Watering Systems:
- Soil / Perlite 50 / 50 mix
- Soil / Clay Pebbles 50 / 50 mix
- Coco / Perlite 50 / 50 mix
- Coco / Clay Pebbles 50 / 50 mix
- Rockwool / Clay Pebbles 50 / 50 mix
- 1x 12.4 gallon tank & lid
- 1x ¼”top hat grommet
- 2x 2Pot tray and lid
- 4x 2.2 gallon pots
- 2x AQUAvalve
- 2x ¼” inline tap
- 4x root control discs
- 10ft of ¼” pipe
- 1x ¼” golf filter
- 2x ¼” tee